St. Procopius/Providence of God is a Catholic parish of the Archdiocese of Chicago. Parishioners are drawn from geographic areas near and far and include adults, young adults, children and seniors whose native languages are English and Spanish. We desire to grow in faith and in union with Jesus and with one another.
Through worship, prayer, outreach to the poor, education and action, we seek to respond to the challenges of the Gospel in the Pilsen area of Chicago. We strive to become a place of welcome and reconciliation to each person who comes to see us; a people of faith impelled by love to reach out in service to those in need, and a community guided by a preferential love for the poor. With the aid of the Holy Spirit we strive to be true companions of Jesus.
- Inspired by the rich tradition of the Church and called to be Companions of Jesus, we strive with the help of the Holy Spirit to:
- Ground our lives in the sacraments and in the gospel.
- Place the worship of God in the Eucharist at the center of our parish life.
- Invite all peoples from diverse walks of life to make community with us.
- Offer comfort to the alienated and marginalized in their faith journey.
- Provide opportunities to enrich the prayer and spiritual lives of our parishioners.
- Each parishioner’s lifelong search to experience and understand Christ and His Church.
- Become active disciples in God’s work in this world through our commitment to serve one another within and outside of the parish.